Travel Tips and Customer Service
Did you travel through one of our airports and have questions?
For detailed traveler information including packing tips, please visit the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) traveler information website.
This content is intended for recent travelers through one of the airports where we provide passenger and baggage screening services.
If you recently traveled through one of the airports where we provide passenger and baggage screening services and experienced problems while traveling, the following information is intended to provide guidance to you.
VMD is responsible for the screening of passengers at the airport indicated at the bottom of this webpage. If you have experienced a loss or damage to your property and you feel this loss or damage was the direct result of a VMD employee, you may file a claim with VMD. If you feel the loss or damage was due to the air carrier, please file a claim directly with the air carrier. If filing a claim with VMD, you must include proof of your loss or damage.
Limit of Liability – Claims
VMD will try to resolve your claim as quickly as possible, however we may require up to 90 days to fully investigate your claim before we can make a recommendation to approve, deny, or offer a settlement.
Please refrain from packing valuable items in your checked baggage.
Once you drop your baggage with your air carrier, both the carrier and VMD will handle and process the baggage in some manner. The air carriers retain possession of your checked baggage for the entire trip with the exception of a short period of time while it is screened by VMD.
Please keep in mind that most air carriers have liability limitations for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
No Liability For:
- Fragile items
- Perishable items
- Previously damaged baggage
- Oversized, overweight or over packed baggage
- Minor damage such as scratches, scuffs, dents, cuts and dirt resulting from normal wear and tear
- Air carrier liability is limited to $2800 per ticketed passenger for travel on or after October 1, 2004
- Air carrier has no liability for damage or loss of protruding baggage parts such as wheels, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks or other items attached to baggage
- Air carrier has no liability for photographic equipment, computers, VCRs and any other electronic equipment including software or components, jewelry, cash, documents, furs, works of art or other similar valuable items
- Other items that are not covered in the air carrier limit of liability include, but are not limited to: antiques, books, china, fragile items, liquids, medicines, perishable items, securities and negotiable papers or silverware
VMD highly recommends that you do not pack the items mentioned above in your checked baggage. VMD Corp will not pay for damage to these items unless it is clear that VMD Corp is liable for the loss or damage. Protect yourself and do not pack valuables in your checked baggage.
Please note VMD will not accept liability for lost /damaged items from baggage that is delayed or deemed missing by your airline.
VMD Corp – Customer Service
Atlantic City International Airport (ACY)
Suite 112, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
(800) 908-8110 | AtlanticCity-Operations@vmdcorp.com
VMD Corp – Customer Service
Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC)
1 Airport Way, Suite 200, Rochester, NY 14624
(800) 908-8110 | Rochester-Operations@vmdcorp.com